WordPress: The Blog & CMS platform for Everyone
WordPress has become by far the most popular application for blogging, and has evolved into an excellent Content Management System (CMS) and it’s a big part of how we do webhosting better. In fact our own site & blog are both created using WordPress! The platform is very versatile however the decisions you make when you are setting up your server will make a large impact on how the site performs and is secure.
By using the following guidelines to choose your hosting plan, you’ll ensure that your site will perform at its best. We’ve done our homework through extensive testing and experience working directly with WordPress since it’s inception in 2003. Each plan also features the amazing Plesk WordPress Toolkit that automates security, making new instances, and managing moving dev & staging areas to Production! No more messing around with downloading, uploading, creating databases, etc.
Canadian WordPress Hosting Guidelines
We specialize in making our servers optimized for WordPress, here’s how:
- Nginx – is a high-performance HTTP server and reverse proxy. It’s known for its ability to be very high performing that makes your website typically 50% to 150% faster!
- Gzip Compression – This reduces response times by reducing the size of the HTTP response.
- Browser Caching – Every time your browser loads a page it has to download all the files to display it. This technology makes it so that your browser remembers those files so your site is much faster!
- PHP7 – As soon as a great technology like this is available we implement it so that you can benefit from it without delay.
WordPress out of the box has some security challenges, that’s why we’ve introduced the following security measures most others don’t!
- Malware Scanning – Every night we scan our servers to check for any malicious code that may have been uploaded. If we find anything we make it so that it is inert by putting it in a quarantine state.
- BitNinja – This is like Antivirus for servers, they use a vast network of servers to better understand what the threats are and as a result are very effective at protecting them.
- Managed Firewall – Do you need your site to show up to users in North Korea? Well they can’t see it because there are places in the world that we don’t allow connections to our network from. This technique reduces malicious hacking attempts by over 90%!
- Brute Force Protection – Fail2ban is a tried and true way to mitigate against the daily emerging threats a server needs to have. We automatically ban the IP addresses of anyone who tries to access the server with the wrong credentials too many times.
- Backup Time Machine – This is unique to Dynamic Hosting, we store our nightly backups for 90+ days! (as far as we know no other provider does more than 30!) This is important because if your site did have an issue and you needed to roll it back to 62 days ago we can do that for you, no problem!
Because WordPress is now such a big part of what we do we have fully integrated it into our Server Control Panel so that you can:
- Easy Install – Setup a new WordPress instance in 2 minutes without having to ever see a line of code (100% GUI enabled, point and click install)
- Core WP Updates – With this feature is enabled, WordPress will automatically update itself so you will never forget to do it ever again
- Plugin & Theme Updates – Similar to the above item, you have the option to enable this auto-update feature for all your Plugins and Themes too (very few other providers offer this)
- Security Scanner – We have an easy to use tool that you can use to point and click your way through making your site compliant with the most important best practices around WordPress Security.
- Workflow Management – Plesk has established itself as the undisputed leader in rolling out advanced tools like the ability to move WordPress from staging to Production in just one click!